Details & Submission Requirements:
- Students in the 5th through 12th grades are encouraged to enter a short film they write, shoot, direct and edit to this year’s event.
- There will be a selections team to determine what films make it into this year’s program during the BendFilm festival. A five-member jury will select a $100 winner from the Central Oregon submissions and the audience will also vote for a separate $100 winner.
- All submissions will receive written feedback by film and video professionals to provide critical feedback of their work to help mentor them in their craft.
- No processing fee is required to enter and donations and BendFilm memberships are always greatly appreciated.
- Film Requirements
- Films are due September 6, 2023. *Deadline extensions may be requested and granted on a case-by-case basis.
- All videos must run between 1 and 5 minutes. The shorter the better.
- All music used must be original, officially licensed, or in the public domain.
- BendFilm will set the final program according to screeners’ official evaluation and not every film submitted may screen.
- Students in the Bend-LaPine, Redmond and Jefferson County school districts have programming priority.
- The screening audience will include very young children. Films with violence or harsh language will most likely not screen.
*Filmmakers are responsible for providing a high-resolution file for their screening.
Send Submissions to:
Electronic files to:
Thumb drive submissions to:
1000 NW Wall St., Suite #240
Bend, OR 97703